DESCRIPTION OF THE LEARNING UNIT
This Learning Unit aims at providing young people and volunteers who are developing or would like to develop interactive activities with children and kids with diverse cultural and social backgrounds with basic concepts, skills and tools to create positive interactions in an intercultural learning environments. The methods proposed are intercultural mentoring and peer education.
- General context: intercultural pedagogy
- Mentoring & Peer Education in intercultural contexts
- Exercise: working tools
- Elaboration of emerged contents
- Basic key concepts on culture and interculture
- Self-awareness on cultural bias and stereotypes
- Set of skills to work with kids in a culturally diverse environment
- Clear references to go in depth of the topic and acquire more competences and concrete tools to put into practice
- Peer Education
How to follow this learning unit?
- Read the learning materials of this topic by clicking open the title banners
- Widen your resources and knowledge by checking the background reading materials
Background reading materials (optional):